Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tutorial

I'm spending some time reviewing EH matches, while also trying to keep up on the CC matches.

You may not know this, but EH will randomly email you tips for how to be successful in dating. Things like, "The 5 Dos and Don'ts of Commitment." Or, "9 Signs You've Met the One."

However, I have a few tips of my own for online dating profiles and pictures. Listen closely, I'm only going to say this once:

1. If you have taken the time and money to sign up for an online dating service, take it seriously. Spend some time formulating thoughtful answers - or at least more than three words for the short answer questions.

2. Spell check your answers. I understand that not everyone spells well, some of my best friends are bad spellers; however, there are certain things that are unacceptable. Plus, you are on the internet - google that shit.

3. Pictures. I don't care what anyone tells you, do not post pictures of your "favorite things." I honestly had to close a match because he had pictures of just his cats. Come on people, get serious. Additionally, if there is a picture that you have to take by standing in the mirror and taking a photo of your reflection, it is probably because you shouldn't have that picture taken. The reason you won't ask one of your friends to take the picture is because you are embarrassed - think about why that is the case. Or else you don't have friends, and that is just sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment